Friday, July 31, 2015

Oh, Clark and Jimmy, let's put on a show! A show? What are you talking about?


"Clark Kent and Jimmy Olsen" (I like male couples) or "Judy Garland and Andy Rooney" ... it doesn't matter .... what matters is WE'RE PUTTING ON A SHOW.

Yes, MY show.

Since as far back as I can remember as an itty bitty Broadway gay boy (IBBGB), who's Mom would bring me and my brother, Larry, on the LIRR (Long Island Railroad), from the Merrick Long Island Station to Penn Station in Manhattan periodically to see Broadway shows, I've longed to be on the stage.

When I was Bar Mitzvahed, age 13, my friend's both giggled and looked bewildered as this VOICE came out of me filling the synagogue while I chanted the first few chapters of The Book of Noah" as my aliyah.    I knew the delight of creating sound, how it felt, and how it moved others to emotions.  This IBBGB was addicted to performing, especially singing.



Without retelling my ENTIRE life, let's just say something got in the way of life moving forward toward my goals, and now on the right track of a healthy life ........

I'M PUTTING ON A SHOW....  if you love Sondheim... you will hopefully love my show.

Been working with some amazing people to create this show:

A great coach here in Orlando as my mentor, director, guide: Sara Jones, who is quite an amazing gifted singer and actress.

Another addition to my focus is Karen Umstot Clark, talented musician and friend since 1981, is on board as musical trans-poser.  Karen and I work virtually since she is up north and I'm down south.

So.. today.... this is where the show is at.    Next work to be done is later today.... just some vocal practice by myself.

Tomorrow a virtual session with Karen to find my key.   Currently 3 of the 20 songs are in house, and hopefully Karen can complete more songs before school starts in September.

What songs am I doing?

Ah, well................ gotta leave a little to the imagination.

Let's just say you will be surprised.  


No comments:

Post a Comment